The traditional rodeo announcer is the voice of the rodeo. As a commentator, they give play-by play of the action, interact with the crowd, and inform everyone listening as to what is taking place in the Arena. They are usually quick on their feet, educated about the sport, and have a clear voice that can be listened to for 2 hours.
And then there is rodeo by Joe Scully, ProRodeo MC.
- International Appeal
- Currently at events in 13 United States and 4 Canadian Provinces, including: New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Texas, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Oklahoma, Florida, Louisiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island
- Elite Endorsements
- One of Two Canadians and part of only 120 Announcers in the World carded with the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association.
- Superb Quality
- Utilizing a custom database and analytical "program", focus is put on the introduction of each "Match-up", ie. Contestant's Championships, All Previous Round Scores/Times, Required Times for lead in Go's/Aggregate, Standings; along with the Stock's Notables and Buck-off Percentages, calculated up-to-the-second!
- Each Event, Performance and Crowd receives the same "high-energy show" as the next, regardless of size or weather! Always set-up and prepared well in advance of each performance
- Diverse music knowledge and play-lists
- Upbeat Music Before, During and After each Show including an Eclectic Mix of Top 40, Urban, Alternative, Classic Rock, Album-Oriented Rock, Retro 80's, Retro 90's, New Country, Alternative Country, Oldies and Classic Country! Plus on-the-fly incident related sound effects and music!
- Competitor Experience
- First-hand knowledge from competition in Tiedown Roping, Team Roping and Bull Riding! Studied to ride Saddle Broncs and Attended Steer Wrestling Clinics. Traveled with Bareback Bronc Riders and Barrel Racers National High School Finals Rodeo Qualifier 25+ Years of attending Rodeos!
Delivering the "Full Package"
In the spotlight, Scully is an entertaining and energetic Master of Ceremonies and DJ Behind the scenes, Scully is a Sponsorship Manager, Statistician, Public Relations Executive, Marketer, Media Buyer, Promoter, Animal Welfare Specialist, Graphic Designer, Audio and Video Editor, Commercial Voice Talent, Writer and Event Logistics Coordinator and more!
- Professional Rodeo Announcer, Emcee and Event Sound DJ
- Part-time Radio Personality on Erin Radio, 101.5 CERN-FM
- Announcer for the "Horses In Motion" Show at the Canadian National Exhibition
- Commercial Voice Over Talent on The Zone @ 92.9 (CIZN-FM), The New Energy 93.1 (CHAY-FM), The New Z103.5 (CIDC-FM), Country 95.3 (CING-FM)
- Live Event Host and Remote Broadcast Announcer on The New Energy 93.1 (CHAY-FM)
- Full-time Radio Personality on 1460 CJOY-AM
- Graduate of the Broadcasting: Radio and Television Program at Conestoga College, with Radio Specialization
- Ontario Rodeo Association Awards Banquet MC
- Nuco Christmas Party
- Roping Association of Ontario Finals After-Party
- Erin Fall Fair Fall Fundraiser
- Brampton Junior Farmers Hallowe'en Party
- Ontario Rodeo Association Banquet DJ
- MC and DJ at numerous other Banquets, Themed Parties, Stags, Stag and Does, and Nightclub Events (Including Nashville North, The Stampede Ranch, Whiskey Jack's, Jug and Jester)
Sales and Marketing
- North American Professional Cowboys (Announcing, Music, Sponsorships, Media Buys, Co-promotions, Logistics, Press Conferences, School Visits)
- The Stag Shop (Media Planning and Buying)
- The New Country 95.3 (Intermediate Account Executive)
- The New Z103.5 (Senior Account Manager)
- The Zone @ 92.9 (Account Executive)
- Rodeo Clown and Entertainer
- Stunt Double on Television's "Due South"
- 2013 to Present
- Ontario Rodeo Association - Ontario Equestrian Federation Representative
- 2008 to 2013
- Ontario Rodeo Association - President
- 2006 to 2008
- Ontario Rodeo Association - Contract Personnel Rep
- Erin Community Radio - Board of Directors
- Roping Association of Ontario - Tie Down Roping Director
- Ontario Rodeo Association - Public Relations/Animal Welfare
Quotables and Awards »